Friday, May 16, 2008

Lost in the ozone again



No, this isn't about a high performance sport rocket that exploded off the pad never to be seen again. It's more like being stuck with vaporware. I mentioned earlier that I ordered a Convair XFY-1 Pogo 1/48 kit from Historic Aviation. Well, I didn't do my homework about that on-line company or re-check on local availability. Today after a week, I get a back order notice and am hoping that this just means that the company doesn't stock anything and merely put in an order for it. That might mean it will eventually show up. Meanwhile, I stopped by my friendly neighborhood hobby store to pick up some CA and found they have one. At a buck more and with sales tax, it will still be much cheaper than the on-line price. But if I get the kit it won't have broken the bank. I hope this doesn't become a winter project! Maybe I should buy it also and build two.