Weather: sunny to PC, hit 70 by about noon, wind 5 mph + gusts
Total flights: Today - 17 ; YTD - 32
Total motors: Today - 17 ; YTD - 41
Nice flying day. The first rocket I saw was a '69 Charger with a Superbird-style spoiler. Shweeeet!
I had 9 monocopter flights with no burn-throughs. One C6 had darkened above the nozzle and the rest were clear.
- Art Applewhite Dragonfly Monocopter on a C6-3 - Another good flight. The side of the motor had turned dark, but did not burn through.
- Art Applewhite Whirlwind Monocopter (Cyclone Beta version) in an E9-4 - Really nice flight. This model fell motor down and thumped pretty hard. No damage!
- Art Applewhite Helix 18mm Monocopter on a C6-5 - Another nice flier.
- Art Applewhite Helix 18mm Monocopter on a B6-4 - If you want to guarantee a win in 'closest to the pad', put the motor in backwards :eek:
- Art Applewhite Helix 18mm Monocopter on a B6-4 - This was a short flight and it ejected on the ground. A C6 is a far better choice.
- Art Applewhite Helix 13mm Monocopter on a A3-4 - Nice flight, but it ejected almost at touchdown.
- Art Applewhite Helix 13mm Monocopter on a A3-4 - Ditto.
- Art Applewhite Helix 13mm Monocopter on a A10-3 - Good flight but the A3 was better. Also ejected on the ground.
- Grizzly Behr Monocopter on a C6-3 - Nice flight and in once again spun all the way to landing.
- Hat of Death on an E18-P - Nice, as usual.
- Estes Patriarch on a C6-5 - Good flight.
- Shrox SHX-15 on a C11-3 - Good flight with some lazy swooping turns.
- Model Minutes XFLR-7 on a C11-3 - This TinTin-lookalike flies nice on this motor. It has a slow but distinctive spin.
- Model Minutes XFLR-7 on a C11-3 - Ditto.
- Model Minutes G200 Carrier on an E9-6 - Impressive altitude on this size model. Lost to long grass or trees.
- Mini V2 on an A10-3 - Good flight.
- M.A.G.P.I.E. on an A10-P - This free paper kit flies nicely. Mine spun on the way up and down. Micromeister's flew arrow straight. Micro also donated the motor...many thanks!