Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Estes Space Shuttle repairs


On the last flight of my Estes Space Shuttle, the nose cone came off and the orbiter deployed, but the 'chute didn't come out and it core sampled. The top of the tube isn't perfect, but it fared pretty well. The main damage was that the motor mount was a bit cockeyed and the motor hook was pushed forward. I was going to retire it, but now decided to go ahead and fix it. Maybe I'll try a one grain reload after I get my set of Green Monkey 18mm cases.

I inserted a motor into the mount and wrenched in back in place. I added some glue around the base of the mount to support it. As for the motor hook, I installed a long Apogee 18mm motor block just above it.

TADAAAA!