Monday, February 11, 2013

Chernobyl: Before, During, and After

With all the news about the launch of the Landsat Data Continuity Mission (Landsat-8), I was poking around image archives from Landsat-5. When the center photo was taken, some of my guys were installing some equipment in the Landsat data capture facility. After the Chernoyl disaster, the data processing area was locked down with only cleared people being allowed in. I'm not sure what 'cleared' meant. This probably merely meant the personnel who were actually required to process the data. I think I remember those employees getting special badges and someone checking everyone who entered.

Anyway, that's what popped to mind when I ran across the photo. You can now get back to whatever you were doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment