Weather: sunny, high about 80, wind 0+ mph
Total flights: Today - 11; YTD - 55
Total motors: Today - 12; YTD - 64
Motors by class YTD: MMX - 6; A - 5; B - 3; C - 24; D - 5; E - 12; F -3; G - 6
Other than a slow flight rate due to the contest timing, this was an ideal launch day. The wind was essentially calm all day so I could have brought out some larger models. Some duration models pegged the maximum allowable delay. And, once again, there was no soccer in the adjoining field!
- Stink Bomb on an EC6-3 - Cool tube-launched flight.
- Tiny Tim Smoke on a C11-3 - Great boost with early ejection. A -5 might be a better choice.
- Estes Patriarch on a QC6-5 - Good flight but the 'long burn' Quest motor melted the internal plastic components of the motor retainer. The case was dark brown.
- Estes Cluster Bomb on a C11-3 - This -3 delay was more like a -0. 'Chute stripped, one fine cracked.
- BLT on a B6-4 - Separation, no other damage.
- DC Pod Racer on a QC6-5 - No 'chute, no damage.
- 5th Generation on a C11-3 - Nice flight, perfect delay.
- First Flight Semi-Sonic on a QC6-5 - Very high, longish walk (the only one of the day).
- Semroc Launch Missile on an A8-3 - Nice flight.
- Estes Mosquito on a MicroMaxx II - Nobody had a MicroMaxx pad so this is the only one I flew (it has a 1/8" lug). It was also my first ever contest flight. I entered the open spot landing and was 2nd at the time of landing. w00t! Update: This flight attempt placed me 6th for the contest and gave me 12 contest points. I placed 14th overall for ECRM (last place - LOL).
- Heavenly Hobbies Resistor 224 on two E12-6's - Nice flight but it coned at a high rate all the way up.
|Interesting over-grown deserted house on the way to the field.|
|It was windy at the moment.|
|Just leaving the tube.|